One of the best things I have ever made, and amazingly perfect for special events, is a coffee and spiced rubbed beef brisket. It sometimes can be a little pricey, but the first bite you have will have you wanting more and more.
Coffee Rubbed Long Roasted Beef Brisket
Pick a beef brisket of your choice, size doesn't matter much unless you are trying to feed a larger crowd. Since we aren't grilling this, there is no sauce that will be needed, just your oven.
1 Tbsp Garlic
3 Tbsp Coffee grounds
1 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Onion powder
1 Beef brisket (7-15 lbs)
2 Tbsp Oil of choice (Olive, coconut, lard, bacon fat)
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure there are no lumps.
2. Set the oven for 250 degrees.
3. Heat the oil in a pan that the brisket will fit in on the oven top. Once it is warmed up, cook brisket on all sides for 1 minute each. After each side has been seared remove from the pan, and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Once the brisket has cooled enough to handle, generously pat the rub into all sides of the brisket making sure to cover it fully.
5. Place brisket in preferred roasting pan, and then place in oven.
6. Cook for approximately an hour per pound, and allow your home to fill with the delicious smell.